Heyco Metals, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of premium quality copper, copper alloy and light-gauge stainless steel coil and strip. Now a proud member of the Wieland Group, Heyco Metals has been serving customers since 1969.
We made our name in copper and copper alloy, then extended our capabilities to serve a variety of precision-rolled stainless steel needs in the medical, automotive and electronics markets. We are headquartered in Bern Township, just outside of Reading, PA.
To apply for any of the positions below, please fill out our Employment Application Form or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to join a team that supplies its customers with metal to create power cords, airplanes, automobiles, architectural products and electronics? Are you knowledgeable about metal manufacturing technology such as annealing, rolling, leveling, slitting, and traverse winding? Are you looking for a full-time position with the possibility of advancement?
We take pride in our core values of Safety, Quality and Reliability. If you have a desire to join a team that will train and accelerate your career – apply now.
Heyco Metals is seeking a responsible, reliable Metal Manufacturing Mill Hand to help keep our fast-paced plant running smoothly. The Metal Manufacturing Mill Hand assists operators in the facility and handles material from one department to another such as banding, skidding, weighing, and identifying. The Metal Manufacturing Mill Hand quality checks and utilizes the computer to enter information. This is just a starting point; Heyco is looking for candidates to grow in this position and eventually become machine operators!
Heyco Metals offers a great starting rate with increases and incentive rates after training is complete.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Prior experience in operating material handling equipment highly preferred
- Ability to read instructions off of a mill card, must be detailed oriented
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced, industrial atmosphere
- Frequent standing and walking
- Able to read a micrometer
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Previous experience working in an industrial environment is preferred.
- Previous experience working with Metals is highly desired
- Desires to excel and work for a company that provides great incentives
- Previous experience working with metals is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in operating material handling equipment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Group life insurance, short and long term disability
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid holidays and vacation
- 8 hour straight shift – and paid lunch
- No mandatory OT – Only voluntary
Starting rate of $17.31/hr during 6-8 week training period on 1st shift. After transitioning to assigned shift additional production bonus, plus shift differential. 2nd shift receives $1.75/hr or 3rd shift $1.25. Potential in three months to earn $22.50/hr. Potential to earn additional $3.15 per hour in attendance bonus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.31 – $25.00 + per hour