Heyco Metals, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of premium quality copper, copper alloy and light-gauge stainless steel coil and strip. This wholly owned subsidiary of Heyco, Inc. has been tirelessly serving customers since 1969.
We made our name in copper and copper alloy, then extended our capabilities to serve a variety of precision-rolled stainless steel needs in the architectural, automotive and electronics markets. We are headquartered in Bern Township, just outside of Reading, PA.
ABOUT HEYCO METALS, INC.
For fifty years, Heyco Metals has been a major supplier of premium quality, light and medium gauge copper, copper alloy, stainless steel made to exact specifications down to .002”. In fact, “Double – O” gauges are our specialty. We’ve built a reputation for industry-leading quality, rapid response, outstanding technical support and on-time delivery. We’ve assembled a strong team of about 70 employees who work together to help Heyco generate annual revenues of $50M to $100M. Come be a part of it!
WHAT WE OFFER OUR CUSTOMERS
- 95% – plus on-time delivery
- Outstanding technical support
- Short lead times
- Five decades of metal experience
- No diamond marks, wiper marks, or roller marks
- Thermal degreasing for oil-free surfaces
WHAT WE OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES
BENEFITS AND PERKS
Join the Heyco team that supplies our customers with metal to create power cords, airplanes, automobiles, architectural products and electronics.
Our employees love our workplace because:
- Our machines get your juices flowing. We have machines – rolling, slitting, annealing, leveling, and traverse winding.
- Safety, Safety, Safety – Work in a place where safety is the utmost priority.
- We take a breather – Enjoy our newly remodeled lunch room with free coffee year round and electrolyte drinks in the summer. Plus we offer healthy-snack vending machines.
- Our workplace is clean and bright – Work in a facility designed to stimulate your mind and clean floors that keep you safe.
- Dedicated career path – This isn’t a dead-end job; we’ve created a complete, tiered career path to show GMH’s what it takes to move up and expand your abilities.
- The bennies are covered – Medical, dental, vision, vacation, holidays, 401(k), disability pay, and life insurance.
- We score – Did someone say bonus? We offer employee incentive plans based on efficiency and quality.
- We love our environment and community – Clean, sustainable solar power covers 8% of our energy needs. Elimination of caustic cleaning chemicals and toxic waste disposal, thanks to our bright-annealing of all strip products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Produce precision-rolled copper and stainless steel safely, accurately and quickly for our customers.
- Assist operators in the facility and handle material from department to another.
- Band, skid, weigh and identify material.
- Read instructions off of a mill card and be detailed oriented.
- Utilize the computer to enter information.
- Read a micrometer.
- Work in a fast-paced, industrial environment
YOUR CREDS and ABILITIES
- Previous experience working with metals is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in operating material handling equipment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75lbs.
TO LAND THIS GIG, YOU MUST HAVE THESE SKILLS
- Mad multitasking skills. Most of the day or evening or night you’ll have mill orders to fill. You are comfortable switching gears.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback to ensure the best work environment possible.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
- Teaming skills and positivity. We are Team Heyco, we collaborate, and we lift each other up.
Please send your resume to email@example.com